Monday, May 16, 2011

Video: Gerry Connolly Speaking Sharon Bulova's Campaign Kickoff

As many of you know, I grew up in Fairfax County and am a product of the public school system here (even received my college degree from a public university in Fairfax -- George Mason). I've always considered myself lucky to have grown up here and the organizing that I've done in other counties (both in Virginia and other states) has only deepened my appreciation for the high quality of life that you can find here in Northern Virginia. I know I'm not alone in this sentiment and Gerry Connolly helped to illustrate why this is the case when he spoke at Sharon Bulova's campaign kickoff on Sunday.

In addition to pointing out crucial facts such as our high graduation rates, low crime rates, and relatively good job market, Gerry correctly pointed out that the high quality of life in Fairfax wouldn't be possible without strong leadership. This has especially been the case during these tough economic times that Sharon Bulova has lead the county through. As one person I spoke to at the event put it, "Sharon's a policy wonk" who knows the budget process extremely well and has used that knowledge to maintain high standards here in Fairfax. So with that in mind, here's the video I shot of Gerry's speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment