Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Good Night, and Good Luck

As many of you already know, I will be moving to Rochester, NY to take a job with a non-profit voter education organization. Much like the work that I have been doing here in Virginia, the organization focuses on various issues including economic and social justice, peace, and education. When you combine the great reputation of the organization I’ll be joining with the history of activism in Rochester (Susan B. Anthony and Frederick Douglass both spent a significant amount of time in Rochester and it was also a stop on the underground railroad), I’m really excited about making the move and being able to continue giving back to the community.

I’ve had a few people ask what will be happening with Left of the Hill now that I’ll be moving out of Virginia. As you might have already noticed, the posting has slowed down as I’ve been preparing to move and I’ve decided to go on hiatus while I settle into Rochester and my new position. While I haven’t decided exactly how long that hiatus will last, I will most definitely be back to blogging eventually. Since I plan on staying in touch with many of my sources here, I’ll occasionally write about Virginia when Left of the Hill returns from hiatus but there will also be a focus on New York and federal issues as well.

Over the years I’ve been fortunate to become friends with some amazing folks from both sides of the aisle and I want to thank all of my readers, volunteers, and fellow activists for making my time in Virginia politics a very enjoyable one. My email address (leftofthehill@gmail.com) will still be up and running and I encourage people to keep in touch.

In solidarity,
Bryan

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your move and your new job, Bryan. Though I'm firmly on the other side of the political aisle, I have enjoyed reading your blog posts. Hope that Rochester will be a great experience. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete