- Improve employer-based coverage for 586,000 11th CD residents.
- Provide credits to help pay for coverage for up to 87,000 households in the 11th CD
- Improve Medicare for 73,000 beneficiaries in the 11th CD, including closing the prescription drug donut hole for 3,800 seniors.
- Allow 19,000 small businesses in the 11th CD to obtain affordable health care coverage and provide tax credits to help reduce health insurance costs for up to 16,800 small businesses.
- Provide coverage for 46,000 uninsured residents.
- Protect up to 1,400 families annually in the 11th CD from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs. (1,400 families in the 11th CD filed for bankruptcy in 2008 due to health care costs not covered by insurance.)
- Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and health care providers by $7 million.
- Helps more than 10,700 individuals in the 11th CD who have been identified as having pre-existing conditions that prevent them from buying insurance.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Statistics on How Virginia's 11th CD Benefits from HR 3962
In case there were any doubts about whether or not Rep. Gerry Connolly made the right decision in supporting health care reform, here are some facts about how many residents of Virginia's 11th Congressional District would be helped by the bill that passed the House of Representatives tonight.