Friday, October 9, 2009

Video: Rabbi Beifield of Richmond Speaks About Jewish Values and Health Care Reform

One of the thing I enjoy the most about my job as an organizer is that I'm able to speak with people from various walks of life and work with them on ways that we can all come together to improve our community. In recent months I've had the opportunity to speak with many members of the faith community who have pointed out that they believe they have a moral responsibility to stand up for social justice issues. Of course the prime example of this in regards to current events is that people believe everyone should have access to affordable health care.

With that in mind, I found it very interesting to hear Rabbi Martin Beifield of Congregation Beth Ahabah in Richmond speak about Jewish values and health reform. I highly recommend watching the video below of his speech as I believe his message is very powerful, especially towards the end when he speaks about how it's in the best interest of everyone to look out for those who need some help and not just think of ourselves.



Thanks to the folks from the Virginia Interfaith Center for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment