Monday, September 14, 2009

Local Union Busting Inspires Students To Stand Up For Workers' Rights

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was part of the Employee Free Choice Act Coalition that held a lobby day event last week (I was there in my role with the Working Families Win project and helped to guide the Virginia delegation around the Hill). As I was talking with members of the Virginia delegation to hear about what motivated them to come to DC, there was a very unique theme that became apparent amongst a group of students who had come to participate from William and Mary.

In the following video, Cherie talks about how the union busting that took place at William and Mary strongly impacted her and was part of the reason that she is so passionate about making sure the Employee Free Choice Act passes. I think her experience provides us with a reminder of how the passage of EFCA would benefit hard working people right here in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment